My first thought was to do it out of wood. But, that wouldn't have been very inclusive since I'd have to make it at home. I also wanted to use materials that could be cut right here at the store. Aha! Old books!
Luckily I have a pretty badass paper cutter that can make quick work of those thick covers.
Then, we scored the back sides of the covers for the contoured portions of her framework.
This thing is getting crazy! She didn't know what she was getting herself into.
Clamps, for Pete's sake! I taught her the art of clamping and glueing. We finished our three days together with the first drawer, shaped like the bottom curve of the guitar.
Emily is out of state for the summer, but we'll be resuming the build in August. Good times!
Shortly after that we got cleaned out of our stash of bottle lamps. I whipped up the first four-light pendant chandelier, which I think came out pretty cool.
And now, all sights are set on Renegade. Only 5 weeks away. Lots to do!